Shiny Spot on Table

I had a round dark stain from a glass on a cherry dining room table. I used toothpaste and baking soda to remove the stain, which it did. But now the area that I removed the mark from is shinier than the rest of the table. Any ideas for dulling this spot?

mj245 from Westmont, IL

Shiny Spot on Table

Why not just make the rest of the table shiny? (10/25/2007)

By dpcw

Shiny Spot on Table

They make crayons especially for covering spots and scratches on wood, maybe that would help. You can buy them in hardware stores. (10/25/2007)

By perfume and powder

Shiny Spot on Table

Try this: go to your hardware store a get very fine steel wool and pumice powder. Follow the instructions on the pumice box and VERY GENTLY rub a small amount of the pumice powder in with the steel wool. Then, gently brush off the powder. My dad was a cabinet maker and he taught me this trick many years ago. The trick is to use a very light touch, and try it in a spot that's not too visible first. (10/25/2007)

By sheilamay

Shiny Spot on Table

Try doing the whole table make it all shiny like new it will not hurt the table. (11/10/2007)

Shiny Spot on Table
shopping for cleaners
Buying Energine Cleaner
Shiny Pink Fabric
Making Fabric Less Shiny
Ironing Polyester
Removing Shiny Iron Marks on Polyester Clothing
White changing table with drawers below.
Uses for a Baby Changing Table