Shipping With USPS

Shipping With USPS
This is a guide about shipping with USPS. Sending a package through the post office can save you money. Tracking and insurance are available to ensure your contents are covered.

Boxes are available at the United States Post Office website free for Priority Shipping.

I recently ordered a box (or at least thought it was going to be A single box) for shipping. The box came right to my door step without me leaving the house.

When I received my box, I found out that they came in multiples. Since I really only needed one box, I looked around and found all kind of good uses for these sturdy boxes to included using some for "wrapping" Christmas presents. I made a cute little elf "stamp" and address it to the recipient and under the tree it went. Looks great and I found a use for the "extras".

By Notwrong

Editor's Note: Do not use the Priority boxes to ship anything other than Priority mail or the Post Office may charge you extra for the use.

Top Comment

I'm glad you found a use for the "extra" boxes, but I wouldn't want to encourage people to exploit the postal services by using these boxes for other things. Because we support the post office with our tax dollars, these boxes are not truly "free." We're all paying for them.

Top Comment

I do a lot of shipping of gifts to my Daughter and Grandson as my Son in law is in the military based over seas. The USPS also offers these boxes for APO shipping at a one price for anything that fits, and its priority shipping. I happened to order the case of boxes because I use them all the time. I agree with "mymagicword' that we should not encourage anyone to use these boxes for other purposes. The extras could have been taken to your local post office so they could be used properly.

This is a guide about post office lost a package. Sometimes a package or letter sent via the post office doesn't reach its destination. When this happens, there are some steps you can take to try and get help tracking it down.

lost package

Read More... Was this helpful? Yes

If I drive a package and drop it off at my friend's city post office tomorrow, can he pick it up the same day?

Answers

Best Answer

Sometimes this can be arranged but you would have to talk to the postmaster of the delivering city. They should be able to hold it and let your friend pick it up - with proper ID that has the delivering address.

Very little is done with General Delivery anymore so call the postmaster.