Shish Kabob Tips

What are the best skewers for shish ka bob so that the food doesn't start to spin when you rotate the skewer? I have the large kabob baskets that have a lid, so all you do is turn the basket over, but cleaning all of those spaces between the metal bars is a pain. Opinions?

Thanks,
Holly from Richardson, TX

Answers:

Shish Kabob Tips

We have used bamboo and metal. The trick is to put TWO skewers through the chunks and they do not spin.

Good luck! (04/19/2007)

By Tina G

Shish Kabob Tips

Tina G said it well. It's just what we do down here. I buy bamboo skewers by the 100 pack, soak them and insert 2 through what ever I'm cooking. Works great with shrimp and scallops.... (04/19/2007)

By arsonhorse

Shish Kabob Tips

You can put the basket in a small trash bag with ammonia. Close the bag and leave outside overnight. Easy clean up the next day. (04/20/2007)

By Teena

Shish Kabob Tips

I made an investment in metal kabobs. No need to replace, no spinning (they aren't round). Because they are metal: they don't burn, splinter, break and no need to soak. Saves money, and the environment. (04/22/2007)

By Starchild in VT

Shish Kabob Tips

I soak my basket in hot suds and than use a brillo pad. (04/23/2007)

By crafty1960

Shish Kabob Tips

Things won't usually stick if you spray the basket all over lightly with cooking spray or wipe with a light coating of cooking oil (Don't use olive oil or butter because they get hotter than other oils. I use canola). I lightly coat everything with oil and everything is so much easier to clean.

P.S. The feedbacks about using soaked bamboo or metal skewers and using two so they don't roll are good ones.

love this site. You can share what you know and learn about what you don't know. I've gotten some really good information from this site. (06/30/2007)

By sunbrnbch

Shish Kabobs
Shish Kabob Tips and Recipes
Mess-Free Kabob Assembly
Mess-Free Kabob Assembly
Shrimp Kabobs
Seafood Kabob (Skewer) Recipes
Grilled Scallop Kabob
Scallop Kabob Recipes
Chicken Kabobs
Chicken Kabob (Skewer) Recipes
🎉
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on December 8, 2016 at 4:59:13 PM on 10.0.1.124 in 965 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.