Should I Blanch Corn?

Will not blanching corn make you sick?

By dirtgirl_2007 from Edenton

Answers:

Should I Blanch Corn?

No, I don't blanch anything and have never had a problem in 30+ years of canning. (07/01/2009)

By Glenn'sMom

Should I Blanch Corn?

I put up a lot of corn each year and some of it is kept from year to year so I go by the book and blanch it. I have put some unshucked corn in the freezer and taken it out within a few months, shucked it and cooked it on the cob and it was delicious. (07/01/2009)

By Hate Litter

Should I Blanch Corn?

I've heard corn will last for awhile in the shuck, but I've always blanched it. There are a few things that freeze well without blanching, but I don't think corn is one of them. A friend told me she didn't blanch anything so I tried it. I had a lot of pretty purple freezer burnt carrots. (07/01/2009)

By dajavooi

Should I Blanch Corn?

We freeze corn with it's "clothes" on. We do not blanch, but do check for a possible worm at the tip. We do have a vacuum sealer, and bags, but in the past the whole ears were put in zipper freezer bags, and a bag or two have lasted until the next year's crop was ready to take their place. They taste as fresh as if just pulled. (07/01/2009)

By LJF

Should I Blanch Corn?

No blanching needed. We freeze on the cob and off the cob. If on the cob, silk and clean it, wrap in aluminum foil and put several ears in gallon freezer bag. Take out as needed. Wrap in damp paper towel and nuke for 3 minutes. Yummo. When off the cob put a little bit of water in the freezer bag. (07/02/2009)

By jules1963

Should I Blanch Corn?
Corn Fritter
Corn Fritter Recipes
making creamed corn
Creamed Corn Recipes
Growing Indian Corn
Growing Indian Corn
A stack of corn tortillas.
Homemade Corn Tortilla Recipes
🎉
🎄