Shredded Paper to Deter Birds in the Garden

To stop the birds eating my newly sown seeds, I cover them with a small amount of paper from my shredder. I also use this shredded paper in the strawberry patch to keep them off the ground and as mulch where ever it is needed.

By Gwen from Tasmania, Australia

Answers:

I used shredded paper as mulch and robins were taking it as nest building material. (05/15/2009)

By gardenway

Worms also love the shredded paper when you use it as mulch. I also use shredded paper instead of straw in the chook (hen) shed. Works well, is cheap and it is recycling. Gwen we will be in your world (Tassie) this coming Thursday. Can't wait.
(05/16/2009)

By Heather, Australia

Uses for Shredded Paper, shredded paper
Uses for Shredded Paper
Shredded Paper
Making Shredded Paper for Crafts
Waste Bin Full of Shredded Paper
Recycling Shredded Paper
Bird
Keeping Birds Away
Five Pigeons
Getting Rid of Pigeons
🎉
🎄