Silly Putty on Microfiber

My cousin's lovely children were over last night and got silly putty on our brand new microfiber couch! It is a light beige color, and what we are left with is 5 to 6 small spots that won't lift off. I am afraid to try the WD-40 route as it may stain.

Thank you!
Tanya from Green Bay, WI

Answers:

Silly Putty on Microfiber

You might try freezing it with a piece of ice. Maybe it will then just brush off. In the past I have "blotted" silly putty spots with the remainder of the putty and it pulled it right off. Good luck. (01/07/2006)

By crazybrunette64

Silly Putty on Microfiber

I used Oxi-clean on my boyfriend's silly putty mess on my microfiber couch after scraping as much as I could off. Worked great for me. (02/10/2007)

By Melissa in CA

Silly Putty on Microfiber

We just had this disaster happen at our house! We found the ice it/freeze it method worked great. We froze what was left after scraping with fingernails, and then we used a credit card to loofah the rest. Worked great. (06/18/2007)

By alli

Silly Putty on Microfiber

Ice worked great for me too. I was afraid to use other things because of staining. My silly putty was not in clumps, it was stringy. I would ice it and then scrape it off with a butter knife. It worked great for me. (03/09/2008)

By MICHEJSHE

Silly Putty on Microfiber

The only solution is this, for all silly putty related stains. First coat it in flour, not too much but just a little, freeze it with either ice, ice pack, or any way you can get cold on a surface. Then simply peel it off. (06/28/2008)

By Cheril Sandres

red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty Stains from Microfiber
red putty egg
Homemade Silly Putty Recipes
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty from Carpet
Red plastic egg for Silly Putty. Removing Silly Putty stains from clothing and fabric.
Removing Silly Putty Stains from Clothing and Fabric
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty from Upholstered Furniture
🎉
🎄