Simple Vegetable Recipes

Category Vegetables
Vegetable Recipes
Preparing delicious vegetables does not have to be complicated or time consuming. This page contains simple vegetable recipes.

Does anyone have some good vegetable (no meat) recipes. Recipes that don't require canned soups or high calorie sauces. I don't mean casseroles. I am looking for simple things using fresh or frozen vegetables or even canned. I have a cabinet full of spices, but most of them I don't even use. I've done some online searches, but most I've found require a lot of ingredients or spices I don't buy or already have. Thanks.

By grossb954 from Lubbock, TX

Answer Was this helpful? 1

1. Vegetables a la Francais

Ingredients

1 pkg frozen vegies

200g Speck

1/2 cup White wine

3/4 cup Chicken Stock

1 Onion

1 clove garlic

2 sprigs Parsley

Salt/pepper

Method:

Saute the onions, garlic and speck and bay leaf. Add the vegies and cook for 2 minutes. Add the wine and reduce for 5 minutes. Add the stock and season to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes until vegies have absorbed most of the liquid. Finish with parsley and serve.

2. Vegetables in a Rich Tomato Sauce

1 pkg chunky mixed vegetables

1 Onions

1 clove Garlic

350 g Tomato puree

2 sprigs Parsley

Olive oil

1 Bay leaves

2 sprigs Thyme

1/4 cup Water

Salt/pepper

Method

Saute the onions and garlic in olive oil until soft. Add the vegetables and herbs and cook off for two minutes. Add the puree and herbs and season and cook for 15 minutes in the sauce until tender. Add a little water if it need

Confetti Egg Bake

Prep: 15 mins

Total: 55 mins

Serves 12

Ingredients

1 bag (1 1/4 pounds) refrigerated shredded hash brown

1 tablespoon butter or margarine

2 medium green onions, sliced (2 tablespoons)

1 package (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms

1 cup Green Giant® frozen mixed vegetables (from 1-pound bag), thawed

12 eggs

2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 ounces)

1/2 cup milk

1 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions

Heat oven to 350°. Spray rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches, with cooking spray. Pat hash browns in bottom of baking dish.

Melt butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook onions and mushrooms in butter 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender. Stir in mixed vegetables.

Beat eggs, cheese, milk, salt and pepper in large bowl with wire whisk until well mixed. Stir in mushroom mixture. Carefully pour into baking dish.

Bake uncovered about 40 minutes or until eggs are set in center.

Tips & Techniques

High Altitude (3500-6500 ft):

No changes.

Time-Saver

Remove the cup of frozen vegetables from the bag the night before, and cover and thaw in the refrigerator. Another quick-thaw option: Place frozen vegetables under cool running water.

There is a recipe here on thriftyfun called Italian vegetable stew submitted by margaret from rochester, NY. I have been making it for years, usually as it is written, but sometimes I add my own variations depending on what I have in the cupboard. It is easy, healthy and utterly delicious. If you cant find it, I can email it to you but it would be easier for you to just bookmark it in your account here and you always have it handy. I love this recipe!

I cook carrots either large ones cut in pieces or baby carrots then drain and add a tablespoon of butter and some sugar free maple syrup. Fast and easy and delish!