Sewing MachinesMachines

Singer 6160 Bobbin Problems

I was using my Singer 6160 today when, all of a sudden, everything in the bobbin housing stopped moving. Now, nothing will move and I can't bring up the bobbin thread to even attempt to sew, or to bring up any kind of error code. Has this happened to anyone else?

I have taken the entire bobbin housing apart to make sure there was nothing stuck in it, and put it all back together. I made sure it was oiled, re-threaded several times; both needle thread and bobbin thread. I rewound the bobbin, everything I could think to do. Anyone have any suggestions?

I can't be without my machine the week the repair shop said it would take to turn it around. Even if there was nothing wrong with it, it would take them almost a full week to even see what was wrong.

By MissyL

Have you checked the performance troubleshooting pages of your user manual? Here's a link to a free download if you don't have the manual:

http://www.sing  bb48178772a5.pdf

If nothing in those pages helps, you really do need to have it looked at by the pros down at the shop even though it will cause you a sewing delay.

Can you borrow a machine from someone, or is the project simple enough that an inexpensive new machine would finish it whilst awaiting the repair to your 6160? It's always good to have a back-up machine, just-in-case.

Hi MissyL,

Sorry you are having issues with your machine :( I have the same machine and had the same problem. Make sure that when placing the bobbin in the bobbin holder it makes a "P" shape, I do this by always holding the bobbin with thread downward, bobbin will be on right while the thread is on left it'll literally look like the letter "P", place back in machine.

If that is not the issue try tension or rethreading top of machine. FrugalSunny had a great point to have an extra machine jic. Good luck ~NAYY