Skull Cap Patterns

Skull caps or do rags are easy to make for yourself, a spouse, or friend that works outside. Similarly, you can make a more decorative crochet one. This is a guide about skull cap patterns.

Skull Caps
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

My hubby will be having Deep Brain Stimulation surgery next month. After the surgery, he will have to wear bandannas or skull caps on his head to help keep the surgery spots clean.

I would like some men's skull cap crochet patterns I can make for him. I've checked some of the sites with crocheted caps, but most of them have caps for women. The kind I'm looking for are the ones like you sometimes find on websites for military skull caps. Thank you so much.

By DiJones from Wilsonville, OR

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Thank you to every one for responding. I was able to make a crocheted cap a bit too large, then lined it with a light weight cotton fabric and put some elastic thread on the edges. It stretches, it covers the wounds and it is very washable. Finding the right fit was a bit tricky, but it's warmer than just crochet and I can make several colors for him. Again, thank you.

Read More Answers...

How do you make a do rag from a purchased bandana?

By Sue H from Perkasie, PA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Starting with a patterned hankerchief, fold it in half to make a triangle, wrap the longest part of that triangle around your forehead, using the two tip ends to tie a knot behind your head. Tuck the third tip end and the excess cloth under the tight knot you tied. I like to pull the whole thing down to my neck and then pull it back up to my ears so that it catches all my hair, then I'll tuck in that excess to make it all look neat.

My sister has a ton of fabric. She is looking for a simple pattern to make doo-rags for cancer patients. Does anyone have one to share? Thank you.

By oreonut2000 from Berwick, ME

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

McCalls 3193 is a child's pattern for shorts, shirts and what they call a "headwrap". You might be able to use that--just cut bigger than the pattern. The easiest method I found was to buy a doo rag and cut it apart and use that as my pattern

Read More Answers...

I'm looking for a free pattern for skull caps to sew. Does anyone have a pattern they could share? Thank you very much.

By Lynn

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts Clothing HatsApril 27, 2013
Men's Crocheted Skull-Cap
Making a Men's Crocheted Skull-Cap
baby sleeping
Cradle Cap Remedies
A plate of skull cupcakes.
Making Skull Cupcakes
three boys wearing doo rags
Du (Doo) Rag Pattern
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 29, 2016 at 7:06:15 AM on 10.0.1.54 in 350 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.