Slipcover for Dual Reclining Loveseat With Center Console

Does anyone know where I can purchase a slipcover for a dual reclining loveseat with a center console? I have looked everywhere and can't find anything remotely close. Sewing one is "not" an option, as I have no talent for that at all.

If all else fails, has anyone tried covering a loveseat like mine with a normal loveseat cover? Does/would it look stupid with the console poking up through the fabric?

Any input would be so appreciated. Our dogs tore up the side of our loveseat and we can't afford to have it reupholstered right now, but we are so tired of looking at their handy work!

By Jennifer

You can tack a matching or complimentary piece of heavy duty fabric or upholstery fabric to the damaged side, look for something in the remnants bin at the fabric store or on the remnants pages at JoAnn, Hancocks, or a similar fabric site to save money.

Measure the area you need to hide and add 1/2" to a full 1" all around-this is the size fabric 'patch' that you'll need. After you find it and bring it home, fold over the raw edges that 1/2"-1" extra, then use a tack gun or hammer in upholstery tacks to hold the fabric onto the frame. Don't be afraid to use a lot of tacks to get a taut application.

Depending on the dogs and quality of fabric, this should last you several years.

There are upholstery shops that can redo the entire sofa, or you can search the classifieds and bulletin boards for a seamstress who can make custom machine washable slip covers-consider having at least two sets made so that you have a set to put on whilst the other is in the laundry.

And do consider learning to sew and make your own slipcovers-they actually aren't that hard to do if you take your time and measure carefully, and you can save hundreds on the cost. Here's a good teaching site to have a look at:

http://sewing.a  _Information.htm

http://interior  g_Slipcovers.htm

A cheap slipcover for lazyboy recliner is... those tee-shirt material sheets. A single fitted sheet size will fit one lazy boy recliner/rocker. Since you have the divider in the middle, you might get two, one for each side instead of a full size sheet. The single fitted sheet fits the chair and you could use the flat sheet to cover the ends the dogs have customzed for you. You could do a little creative folding to make the flat sheets to fit. Regular fabric sheets were my first choice but the tee-shirt fabric is SO comfortable.

I have the same problem and after hours of searching I have decided to use two reclining chair slipcover and tuck the unused arm between seat and console. For console I will cover/ sacrifice the cupholder and cover everything with same slipcover made for long dining room chair. Once I do this I will update if it worked or not.

Did it work?

You could try getting a sofa cover that will fit the length/width of your loveseat and then cutting a slit or two (just enough) for the console to fit through.

I took a large fitted sheet put it over and then cut slits to get into the cup holders and the middle console area but the material moves whenever we sit so the slits that I cut look really bad and don't stay in place.

I bought two high back recliner pet covers and tucked the extra arms down between the two bottom cushions. The ones I bought were rubber back so they don't slip on my leather loveseat.

This sounds like the best idea! Going to try this!