Slow Cooker Recipes

This is my first time to this website and it looks great! I have a question that I'm hoping someone could help me with. I have a slow cooker and I don't know what to cook in it. I cooked pork and that turned out well - I tried beef and that turned into a silver side type dish. I have also tried a casserole, but does anyone else have any great ideas or recipes? Thank you!

Julie from Sydney, Australia

Slow Cooker Recipes

I'm not sure how you can ruin anything by cooking in a crock pot (slow cooker), unless it ran out of moisture. Tons of recipes on the internet.

My favorite (and simplest) is a whole chicken (frozen or thawed). Rinse and remove the innards. Rub with butter and dust inside and out with a generous amount of salt and pepper. Drop into crock pot. Add nothing else. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. You will have a fall-apart chicken and about 2 cups of broth to make soup with.

My most use for my slow cooker is for baked beans and Navy Bean soup. Recipes are on the internet. (07/16/2007)

By mcnerd

Slow Cooker Recipes

Here are a couple of my favorites:

• 2 (16 ounce) cans red beans
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
  • Ad
  • 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
  • 2 pounds ground chuck, browned and drained
    and a teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 green pepper, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • Put all ingredients in slow cooker and stir well.
    Cook on LOW 10 to 12 hours.

• 1 lb. stew meat
  • 3 cups water
  • 1 14-ounce can tomatoes
    & teaspoon coarse black pepper
  • 2 carrots, sliced
  • 3 beef bouillon cubes
  • 2 stalks celery, sliced
  • 1 10-ounce package frozen mixed
  • 2 medium onions, diced
  • 2 medium potatoes, diced
  • Put all ingredients in crock pot. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 12 hours.

Almost any soup or stew recipe works great in a crock pot. Enjoy! (07/17/2007)

By Jean from MS

Slow Cooker Recipes

I make pot roast in my slow cooker. Put whatever veggies you desire, potatoes, carrots, onions, etc. on the bottom and the roast on top. Season with salt, pepper, and any other spices you like. Put about a quarter cup of water in and just let it cook! It will turn out delicious. Linda (07/17/2007)

By lbjack

Slow Cooker Recipes

Sometimes I make my pasta sauce in the slow cooker.

This is a great dessert topped with ice cream:

Cherry Chocolate Crock pot Dessert
    by Debbi DeSisto

• 1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling
  • 1 pkg of chocolate cake mix
  • 1/2 cup butter melted
  • Place pie filling in slow cooker. Combine dry cake mix and butter. Sprinkle over filling. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours. Makes 10-12 servings.

By Marta

Slow Cooker Recipes

I don't know how long you've been on the internet but, if you do a search for "crock pot recipes" you'll get thousands of recipes.
    Penny (07/17/2007)

By maggie3956

Slow Cooker Recipes

Just go to "" and you can find all kinds of recipes using the crock-pot. I use that web all the time for about any recipe.
    Good luck on your cooking.
    Pat in GA, USA (07/17/2007)

By Pat437

Slow Cooker Recipes

If you can buy turkey pieces (I sometimes just buy a breast or 2 turkey legs), put them in your crock pot and rub with margarine and put a couple onion slices on top and season to taste. Cook on low 8-10 hrs and it will taste just like an oven roasted turkey! You don't even have to add any water but you could add 1/4 cup if you wanted to. I also always spray my crock pot with cooking spray before I cook anything in it. It makes clean up easier. Today I put a boneless pork roast in my crock pot. I poured a little bottled lemon juice over it, added some garlic and some all purpose seasoning. It will cook all day and come out great. Good luck to you! Just remember, almost anything you make in the oven can be modified to the crock pot with some practice. (07/18/2007)

Slow Cooker Recipes

Hi, Julie!:) I love using my slow cooker during the school year....with teaching it is such a lifesaver! Here are some of my family's very favorites:

Macaroni and Cheese

• 8oz. elbow macaroni, cooked al dente
  • 13oz. can evaporated milk
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1/4 c. butter, melted
  • 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
  • 4 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
  • 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper
  • 1/4 c. grated fresh Parmesan cheese
  • In slow cooker, combine lightly cooked macaroni, evaporated milk, whole milk, melted butter, eggs, 3 cups cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Top with remaining cheddar and parmesan cheeses. Cover and cook on low 3 hours. *I double this recipe and cook on low all day while at work...turns out delicious!:)

Italian Chicken

Place a whole chicken in slow cooker. Pour one small bottle of Italian dressing over top. Cook on low 6-8 hours. DELICIOUS! This chicken is so moist and flavorful...yummy! I serve it with a nice salad and baked potato. OR...add some cut up potatoes and baby carrots on top of chicken before pouring dressing over. Full meal.

Tuna Noodle Casserole

• 2 1/2 c. dry noodles
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 c. finely chopped onion
  • 12oz. can tuna
  • 10 3/4 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
  • Half a soup can of water
  • 1/4 c. almonds, sliced
  • 1 c. frozen peas
  • Combine all ingredients in slow cooker, except peas. Cover. Cook on high 2-3 hours or low for 6-8 hours. Twenty minutes before end of cooking time, stir in the peas and reduce heat to low if cooking on high.

Hope this helps you out some....enjoy!:) (07/18/2007)

By Ashley

Slow Cooker Recipes

Free ebook full of crock pot recipes, I also suggest joining a group for crock pot users, I belong to, it even has a winners page that has some awesome slow cooker recipes. (07/18/2007)

By micksgirl

Slow Cooker Recipes

Hi guys, thanks for all the great recipes! I think I'll spend the weekend cooking! (07/19/2007)

By Julie

Slow Cooker Recipes

Everyone is right, just type in crock pot recipes and you're all set. I've used my pot to make soup, roasts, lasagna, bake potatoes-both sweet and regular, kept mashed potatoes warm for hours and to keep bread rolls warm. Just a few suggestions to get you going. (07/20/2007)

By Viki

Slow Cooker Recipes

Meatloaf is good in a crock-pot too! :) (07/20/2007)

By AngelLoveInOhio

Slow Cooker Recipes

Hey Julie, and welcome to this wonderful site. Here's one of my favorite slow cooker recipes:

Take 2 or 4 boneless chicken breasts and put into the slow cooker, add 2 cans of chicken gravy and cook on high until chicken is good and tender. Quick, easy, and delicious too. Hope you enjoy it, Teresa from Va. (07/20/2007)

Slow Cooker Recipes

I've had excellent luck cooking dried beans. If your recipe calls for 8 to 10 hours, go with the longer time. (07/20/2007)

By cookwie

Slow Cooker Recipes

I suggest you go to this site to get wonderful ideas on slow cooker cooking, cleaning, organizing etc. I just love it and hope you will too!

GO TO: (07/23/2007)

By Paula (Mebane, NC)

Slow Cooker Recipes

I get a daily email from a gentleman by the name of Chet Day. This is mostly vegetarian recipes, but some sound rather good. You could try (07/24/2007)

By JMRoss

Slow Cooker Recipes

Hi Julie, Go to and click on 30 slow cooker recipes. It was posted today and they look great. I've already printed out a few that I'm going to try. While you're there, you should sign up for their email. They have recipes, tips, etc. and it's a great site. Good luck. (08/08/2007)

By fionarx

Slow Cooker Recipes

I found a great crock pot cookbook at Sam's Club. The book is awesome, there are over 800 recipes for making just about anything. There are cake and dessert recipes in there also> I never knew you could make a cake in a crock pot. I use this cookbook a lot especially on nights I work late,it's a real time saver on cooking and cleanup. There are also a lot of tips for crock pot cooking through out the book> It is well worth the money (11/19/2007)

By Sue

Crockpot Stew
    Slow Cooker (Crockpot) Recipes
    Slow Cooker
    Converting Recipes for a Slow Cooker
    Slow Cooker
    Slow Cooker Potato Recipes
    Pressure Cooker with Vegetables
    Pressure Cooker Recipes