Smoke Alarm Beeping

I have a beeping smoke alarm without a battery. I want it to stop beeping, what do I do? I have turned the power off and I have disconnected the plug from the back of the alarm, but it still won't stop beeping. What can I do?

By B C

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Best Answer

Fixed the same problem thanks to my volunteer fireman neighbor. Vacuum the works. It probably does not even look like it needs it. New battery and you should be rid of the problem.

Since you mention you unhooked it then it probably has a battery backup so just replace the battery.

It mostly likely has a back up battery incase the power should go out. You need to replace the back up battery.

Sounds like you have a paranormal visitor.

Electric Smoke Detector
Electric Smoke Detector Won't Stop Beeping
Home and Garden Repair OtherAugust 6, 2012
Cleaning Smoke Stains from Walls
Cleaning Smoke Off Walls
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
Home Security Without an Alarm System
Home Security Without an Alarm System
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 19, 2017 at 11:16:12 AM on 10.0.1.44 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.