SnakesPest Control

Snake in My House

Category Snakes

I think I saw a snake in my house. I don't know where he went. How can I get rid of it?

By C. Davis

If you have a cat, who is a good mouser, he will let you know where the snake is. I had two Siamese cats years ago. They were very intelligent, independent, and diligent. When hunting mice, they would stalk them and sit and stare at a corner, where a mouse would eventually enter the house, for hours.

Once one of my cats was sitting in the open window in our bedroom upstairs and began to make a loud chattering sound and exhibited that stalking pose. I went over to the window and low and behold, a large black snake was slithering across the yard almost 20 yards away.

I've had several types of cats over my lifetime, but the Siamese is the best. You wouldn't think it to look at them because they appear to be so tiny and slender. But they are agile, and fierce. Mine were also very loyal to me personally and very territorial.