Snakes in House

What product can I use to kill a snake in my house without harming my kids or pets? I know it's in here, because I found its skin.

By ifly8251 from MD

Snakes in House

I know it smells, but put mothballs out. Throw them around outside too. (05/18/2009)

By sissy7575

Snakes in House

I wouldn't recommend moth balls especially indoors. They are pretty nasty stuff, not safe around kids or pets (or adults) and haven't really been shown to work.

There is info in the article here:

Or check out the "related info" links below your question to the right for other info. Don't know what type of snakes you have in your area but would err on the side of safety.

I would probably hire a professional or call the local animal control or county extension office perhaps. Glue boards were suggested in one article. Also find whatever holes or however it got into your house and fix that to prevent future "visits".

Good luck to you. Snakes aren't what freaks me out, but if I had one in the house I probably would be. (05/19/2009)

By Kaelle

Snakes in House

What a nightmare. If you call the dog officer in town, he could offer suggestions and may have the "Have a Heart" traps that you could try. Cats also seem to work. Good luck. (05/22/2009)

By mulberry204

Snakes in House

You can take an egg and puncture a small hole in both ends big enough to blow out the contents of the egg. When empty fill the egg with salt and put tape on the ends so it won't come out. Place it where you think the snake will find it and let it eat it. It will bust in the snakes belly and the salt will kill it. You can also buy snake repellent at stores. Tractor Supply has it and also our local hardware. You have to be sure that all snakes are out of your yard when you use it because if one is on the inside it can't get out. Hope this helps.

grannygirl (05/22/2009)

By grannygirl

Snakes in House

The snakes are in your house looking for rodents. Get a humane, no kill trap from your local animal shelter, catch it and they will remove it for you. Also put some mouse traps around to catch the rodents. They are probably in your house without you even knowing it. Then check your exterior very carefully for entrance points. They can get in through the smallest hole or crack. Plug up the holes and cracks with whatever your local exterminator recommends for your area, and you will have no more snake or rodent problems. (05/25/2009)

By catastrofy

Snakes in House
Florida pine snake
Identifying Florida Snakes
A Non-Poisonous Garter Snake.
Identifying Non-Poisonous Snakes
Deterring Snakes
A garter snake in grass.
Getting Rid of Garter Snakes