Snow Cone Recipes

Category Frozen
Colorful Snow Cone
A cold icy snow cone is perfect on a hot summer day. In addition to the typical flavored syrups you can buy there are other recipes for making snow cones. This page contains snow cone recipes.

Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.

I like to make really delicious coffee mocha frozen drinks in the snow cone maker.

I put a little instant coffee (2 tsp. more or less), creamer 3 tsp. more of less (the flavored kind or the plain kind, it doesn't matter), two sugar substitutes and a little water, about 3 Tbsp., more of less. Use just enough to mix it together to make a little liquid to mix into the ice. I mix these ingredients together in a little cup and set this aside.

After I crush a medium drinking glass full of ice, I pour this mixture over the ice and stir it in and then put a dollop of whipped cream on top. The whip cream is optional.

This is a favorite at my house. Crushed ice, which you can get from bags at convenience stores, is easier to crush in a snow cone machine than regular ice from the icemaker (If your snow cone maker is as slow as mine is).

I like using decaf instant coffee in mine. Does anyone else have any other healthy recipes to use in the snow cone maker?

By Robyn Fed from TN

Ingredients

• 1 cup boiling water
  • 1 package (8-serving size) JELL-O Brand Gelatin, any red flavor
  • 1 cup pureed strawberries
  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • Ad
  • 1/2 cup ice cubes
  • 8 paper or plastic cups (8 oz.)
  • 8 cups crushed ice

Directions

Stir boiling water into gelatin in large bowl 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add strawberries, corn syrup and ice cubes; stir until ice is completely melted. Fill each paper cup with 1 cup of the crushed ice. Pour gelatin mixture evenly over ice. Serve immediately.

By Mythi from Silverdale WA

Does anyone know how to make a Werther's candy "snow cone"? One of my teacher friends got one from a secret santa years ago. It was in an ice cream type dish and looked like a huge golden scoop of ice cream. It used the Werther's wrapped hard candies.

Redanbobbye from Homosassa, FL

they could have possibly used a foam ball from the craft store and attached the werther's to it with hot glue to make it. there are a lot of crafts out there where candy is hot glued......since the candy is in a wrapper, the glue doesn't touch it and the candy is still edible.