Socializing a Dog-Aggressive Dog

Does anyone have any ideas on training a 4 year old Yorkie? He is aggressive when we walk him and he sees other dogs. He hasn't been neutered. We were thinking of getting a muzzle. He's getting a little embarrassing. Please can someone help? Is socialization class the answer?

By kateh09 from Gainesville, FL

Answers:

Socializing a Dog-Aggressive Dog

Here is a link that I use for dog training. It is a great site. Also, I would not put the dog under the stress of going to a class just yet as there is some groundwork training to be done,

leerburg.com Good luck! (07/09/2009)

By Robyn Fed

Socializing a Dog-Aggressive Dog

Socialization is the answer, but you are going to have to accomplish this without the dog hurting or biting another dog and that can be tricky. I think at this point, you should involve a professional trainer to show you exactly how to socialize your dog in a safe way. Good luck. The dog aggression issue can be difficult to fix, but your dog is worth the effort! (07/09/2009)

By Rchinaberr

Socializing a Dog-Aggressive Dog

I would read and watch the Dog Whisperer (Cesar Millan) books and shows or go on his site to get some help or seek some other professional help. There is a lot of stuff on line. (07/09/2009)

By lorijb

Socializing a Dog-Aggressive Dog

Neuter him ASAP. He wants to be the alpha dog. Little dogs also have the "little man syndrome". They always think they are bigger than they are. Neutering is also better for his health. Dogs do get prostate cancer just like people. I work in a vet hospital, so I have some knowledge. Because he is older, it will also take several months for the testosterone to leave his system. Good luck! (07/10/2009)

By Sadielew

Socializing a Dog-Aggressive Dog
Tow Dogs Holding Stick Together
Socializing Your Dog
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dog the Bounty Hunter Costume
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Money Saving Tips for College Students, Students studying at a table.
Money Saving Tips for College Students
🎉
🎄