Sock Snowman

For a fun and simple craft, make sock snowmen. You will need white socks with a colorful, striped upper cuff, two rubber bands or pieces of string per sock, white rice, and choice of the following craft supplies--permanent markers, google eyes, embroidery thread, sequins, buttons, ribbon.

Fill the sock halfway full of rice. Tie off with rubber band or string. Add more rice to the sock up to the bottom of the cuff and tie off again.

You now have your snowman's body and head. Turn the cuff down to create the snowman's cap. Decorate face and body as desired. Have fun!

By Sandi from Stoughton, WI

Answers:

Sock Snowman

I have done a craft very similar to this one. I did use child size socks without the colored stripe, and poly beads that you can find at most craft stores. One year, I was so excited to make them that I went into work with about 20! I gave them out to all of my co-workers. To this day, they still have and display them. (the poly beads won't break down like the rice does). (12/19/2006)

By Pat

Sock Snowman

I like the poly beads idea.
(12/19/2006)

By Sandi

Sock Snowman

Does anyone have the poem for the tube socks filled with birdseed? After using as a holiday decoration, you sprinkle the birdseed in the lawn to feed the birds. (08/14/2008)

By gogovance

Sock Snowman

The poem goes something like:

Inside your warm house
I want to stay
Til you feed me to the birds
On Christmas Day (12/21/2008)

By Debbie

Homemade sock snowman.
Making a Sock Snowman
Making a Sock Puppet
Making a Sock Puppet
Sock Monkey Face
Making a Sock Monkey
Making a No-Sew Sock Baby Doll
Making a No-Sew Sock Baby Doll
Striped Sock
Using A Sock as a Volumizing Hair Bun
🎉
🎄