Softer Line Dried Clothing

I love to hang clothes on the line but hate the sandpaper, stiff feeling. How do I get them to feel like they came out of the dryer and not so hard after coming off the clothes line?

Jodi

Answers:

Soft Line Dried Clothing

This probably sounds silly, but I used to dry things on the line then run them through the dryer for about 5 minutes or so to soften them up. You'd never know they'd not been completely dried in a dryer. Think of the electricity saved cutting down drying time. (05/18/2005)

By Sharon from KY

Softer Line Dried Clothing

Shake them hard both before and after hanging to dry. This really helps. I like the slightly harder finish, but if you don't there are fabric softeners that go in the washer, try using less to find how much you actually need. Also stretch side seams, that helps keep stuff wrinkle free.

Smell the clothes. The wonderful smell of sundried laundry is worth the slight stiffness. (05/19/2005)

By Jeneene

Softer Line Dried Clothing

My slacks and tops are placed in the dryer briefly to dewrinkle them. Then I place them on hangers and hang outside to finish drying. Most times they do not even need to be pressed. I always use fabric softener in my last rinse. (05/19/2005)

By Elizabeth

Softer Line Dried Clothing

One thing I do is save laundry I want to turn out soft for a sunny, but windy day. The combination of sun and wind, along with a little fabric softener, will do as well as a dryer. For example, I can hang out bed linens anytime because the stiffness helps avoid wrinkles. I save sweaters, towels, corduroy, denim, and t-shirts for windy/sunny days. (05/19/2005)

By lulugirl765

Softer Line Dried Clothing

Here's a tip, add vinegar to the rinse to soften them, or use less detergent. (03/09/2007)

By Gaab Family