AdviceHealth & Beauty

Something Is Causing Itching and Bumps

A few weeks ago I found a flea on me :o

I went and washed everything, put diatomaceous earth on the floor for a week and even used a flea trap. I never found anything in the flea trap (except for a few flying insects), but I kept feeling a strange crawly-itching feeling on me. Whenever I looked at the area in question, I never saw anything! I get these small red bumps on my chest and face, but I haven't seen any fleas. I've since cleaned up the diatomaceous earth, vacuumed the floor twice, and rewashed everything several times, but still have the crawly feeling and red bumps on my skin. Are these fleas or paranoia?

By Kelly

Another tip for catching fleas or just checking to see if you have a problem - place a small plate on the floor of the room you think you have the problem or where pets spend most of their time. Put water in the plate with a few drops of dish detergent. Place a lamp of some above it, shining on the plate.

If you have the fleas you will see them in the water the next morning. We used this method last summer along with the D-earth. We had really gotten infested with them even though our cats were never outside. Guess we brought them in on ourselves. The water caught an unbelievable amount!

Sift about 2 cups per average carpeted room of 20 Mule team Borax. A natural product. Leave for 2 weeks before you vacuum. Flea free and other carpet things too for more than a year and a half. Put a magnifying glass on a bump. Do you see one or two bite marks or is there none at all? No bite hole? You may have an allergy.

You are not seeing anything there when you look at the itching spot in question. It may be anxiety that you are experiencing, especially if you detest having insects touching your skin. The anxiety (nerves) itself can be what is causing the bumps. One's mind can play a lot of tricks on its owner.

Just relax, honey, you have only seen one flea on you. This could have come in from outside when you came in. Since you haven't seen any more, and you have cleaned your environment, you know your home is not infested with them. They are NOT crawling on you. When you feel the itch just say to yourself or say out loud, "nothing is there."

If it helps, flick the spot with your fingers as if flicking the bug away or slap it as if to swat the culprit. Don't scratch it though so as not to tell your mind that you are affirming it's trick. I hope this helps you.

We have had same issues. My mom's doctor even had it real bad. Unfortunately no one knows what it is. I've researched and read thousands of posts. Some believe it to be something that blew in from last years storms. Others believe it to be government test that has been released into the air.

I know tanning beds, sunbathing, and sea breeze facial toner works for us. It comes and goes for some, but affects others much worse. It's real Many, many have been affected but no one knows what it is.