Something is Eating My Tomatoes

Something is eating the tomatoes at the bottom of my plants in my garden in southeast Pennsylvania. What could it be? A rat? squirrels? rabbits?

By Sam

Have you checked it for tomato worms? They will at up all the leaves and leave the stems. You could try putting some sevin dust on it to deter whatever it is. Good luck.

August 10, 2011 Flag

I have beautiful tomatoes on the vines in my garden, but something is eating all the inside of the tomato and leaves the rest. Some say it is deer, but I don't think so. Could it be more of a rodent? They even ate the inside of my pumpkin. Please, I need help soon.

By Cecile

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My daughter gave me one of her Zikinnie and there was a inch long white worm in it it was eating the insides out so I would say worms.

Turtles will eat the bottoms of your tomatoes and the insides. So they look fine from above but when you reach under them to pick it is like 'ewwww!'... but I don't know that they eat pumpkins.

Home and Garden Gardening Growing Growing FoodJuly 20, 2011
Canned Tomatoes on White Background
Canning Tomatoes
Saving Money on Tomatoes
Saving Money on Tomatoes
Tw Red Tomatoes sitting in Ice
Using Frozen Tomatoes
Chipmunks Eating My Tomatoes
Chipmunks Eating Tomatoes