Son's 16th Birthday Party Ideas

I have 5 kids, all of whom have their birthdays between January and April (twins included, who want separate parties this year, double whammy), so I am definitely on a budget.

My oldest, because he's the oldest, has kind of got the minimum the last few years and is turning 16 in April. I would really like to do something special for him. Anyone have any ideas? Also, his birthday is April Fools Day if that sparks any thoughts.

By momof5 from British Columbia, Canada

Answers:

Son's 16th Birthday Party Ideas

When my son was turning 16, we asked him what he wanted to do for a party. He really didn't have anything in particular so we gave him $100 for him and a few of his friends to go out for pizza and to a movie. Of course in Iowa, you can drive at 16 so this was a big deal to go by themselves.

The other thing you could do is arrange for a sitter for your other kids and tell your son you are taking him to dinner. Have some of his friends already at the restaurant and have a little surprise party for him. You could also do this at your house if you wanted. Good luck! (02/16/2010)

By CRMom

Son's 16th Birthday Party Ideas

Paintballing with friends
Movies with friends
Beach bday with boogie boards packed lunch and let the boys run around (02/17/2010)

By staygolden