My boyfriend turned the wrong burner on the stove on, which happened to have a plastic Folgers coffee can (empty) on it. Needless to say, the can melted into the stove (which we got clean), but the painted walls and ceiling are covered in soot. Are there any suggestions on cleaning this up without having to repaint (its a rental house).
Thanks ahead of time.
Use ammonia (I prefer sudsy ammonia) in a bucket of water and wash from the bottom up. (03/16/2005)
I received this idea from the firemen when my brother-in-law was involved in a small fire. Mix washing soda, vinegar, and ammonia together to a bucket of water. Then wash the wall with it. This combination works well to remove soot and smoke smell from clothing or curtains, etc. (03/16/2005)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!