Sore Throat Remedies

How can I get rid of a sore throat fast?

By tracytferrall

Answers:

Sore Throat Remedies

Gargle with salt and warm /hot water several times a day. It works like a charm. (09/20/2009)

By RealtorRose

Sore Throat Remedies

One and a half cups water and add one fourth cup hydrogen peroxide to it and stir. Gargle and swish around mouth all of the mixture. Do not swallow and then rinse mouth with clear water afterward.

Do once in the morning and then again in the evening. You'll see a white coating on tongue and around tonsils after the gargling, but the rinse water will remove that. Between the a.m. and p.m. gargling you might use salt water or Listerine. (09/20/2009)

By Lorelei

Sore Throat Remedies

I don't do yoga, but years ago someone told me to try this one yoga position for sore throats and it works for me. It looks rather silly though. The Lion, video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqHn0n_1O7A

Articles:

associatedcontent.com

yvum.com

Sometimes I drink hot water with fresh lemon juice in it to make like a lemon tea. (09/20/2009)

By Kaelle

Sore Throat Remedies

There are plenty of remedies, but if the sore throat persists it may be a strep throat and you should see a doctor for treatment. (09/21/2009)

By foxrun41

Sore Throat Remedies

This article was just on TipNut today:

tipnut.com

Also, good advice from foxrun41 below. (09/21/2009)

By Kaelle

Sore Throat Remedies

A few drops of Tea Tree Oil in 1/2 cup of warm water. Not hot. Gargle with this in a.m. and afternoon, then evening. I made this up when I forgot my Tea Tree and Golden Seal Throat Spray that a friend of mine who sings uses when he has a sore throat. If it lasts longer than 2 - 3 days, go see a MD. Get better soon. (09/22/2009)

By islandsage

Sore Throat Remedies

Drinking hot liquids might make a sore throat feel better for a while, but actually prolong it. Drinking your liquids cold helps to reduce the inflammation. (09/22/2009)

By Beth

Sore Throat Remedies

If it's not convenient to gargle with salt water, try eating salty pretzels. Did this by accident years ago, and remember how it worked. This is great for kids who can't gargle. (09/22/2009)

By WIsgal

Sore Throat Remedies

I find most of my sore throats these days are from sinus drainage. I immediately take benadryl (pill form) and it is gone. If it persists, see a doctor. (09/22/2009)

By HalfWhit

Sore Throat Remedies

I squeeze the juice of one lemon and then add the same amount of both whiskey and honey and then swallow a spoonful every few hours. For years I had constant sore throats and mostly ate boxes of cough drops which never helped cure them. After I read about the lemon, whiskey, and honey, I only had to use it twice and have never had another sore throat. I've always assumed that the honey, whiskey, and lemon juice might have killed a dormant germ that I had been carrying around in my tonsils for years. (10/21/2009)

By Kathryen

Sore Throat Remedies

I always use these throat lozenges from Wal-Mart. They are zinc oxide and will cure a cold or sore throat really fast. They are called Cold Eze and cost about $4.00. They are cherry flavored, so they taste good as well. (10/22/2009)

By Stormy Seas

A doctor examining a child with a sore throat.
Sore Throat Remedies
hot tea
Remedies for a Burned Throat
A girl sticking out her tongue.
Remedies for a Sore Tongue
Man With Sore Tonsils
Home Remedies for Sore Tonsils
A woman with a sore neck.
Remedies for a Sore Neck
🎉
🎄