Sorting Children's Socks

I have two small boys and while sorting socks, I find that although they wear different sizes when rolled they all look like the same size. I roll one boy's toes tucked in and my other boy's socks toes out of the "ball". I can put them in the correct drawer without much thought and each knows at a glance if they have the right socks.

By Leigh Ann Stephens

Answers:

Sorting Children's Socks

Same in my family, one person have size 6 anklet while others have size 8 low cut. I solve this problem by washing the same types in one load and different in others (06/11/2006)

By Edgar

Sorting Children's Socks

We have 8 people in our family and seven are male. I have tried everything with the sock problem. I do them all now, kids just won't and can't do it well. I make piles of similar socks, by size or style or color or brand. Then I treat it like a game and match them. In a way, it is calming, and I can always think and plan things in my mind while doing this. When interrupted I rubber band each pile together and put in a sock basket. The basket is never empty, I am always waiting for a few empty mates to show up. (12/04/2008)

By kibby

A picture of a pair of socks.
Organizing Socks
Pairs of Baby Socks on a Clothesline
Keeping Baby Socks Together in the Wash
Socks
Making a Sock Quilt
Partially knit sock over a woman's foot with needles in place.
Knitting Socks
Craft Ideas for Socks
Craft Ideas for Socks
🎄