Sour Milk Smell in Car

A gallon of milk was spilled in the car and the smell is awful! How do you get the smell out?

Tonya from Rocky Mount, NC

Answers:

Sour Milk Smell in Car

My hubby is a retired mechanic and he states most cars have plugs underneath them to drain water out. I would check to see if yours has one and bring to car wash for them to remove it. (02/14/2007)

By Denise

Sour Milk Smell in Car

So far elbow grease first (manual labor of wiping and scrubbing), sprinkled baking soda and let set for 15 minutes, then more elbow grease, then laundry detergent with some oxy-clean (laundry whitener) in cool water, more elbow grease. I'm waiting to see results. I think repeating all the above and final rinse with lemon juice may do the trick.

I had left a plastic 1/2 gallon of milk sit under back seat without my realizing it (in 90 Degree heat, needless to say it exploded all under the backseat) until we were ready to go on vacation on bike. I cleaned the best I could in short time I had. It had set for another week, now have I started my routine. I wrote above. Fine welcome home! (10/15/2007)

By Linda

Sour Milk Smell in Car

This happened to me in my Tahoe recently. First, I used an apple cider vinegar spray on the wet areas (dry up as much as possible) but finally I think just leaving the windows open to air dry the vehicle helped more than anything. It eventually went away but unfortunately took a few weeks. (10/20/2007)

By pgvidal

Sour Milk Smell in Car

I've used a product called Zorbx. Worked on the milk smell. (01/09/2008)

By Mark

Sour Milk Smell in Car

My sister spilled a latte in my car, as it's all milk the sour smell was awful. I tried a number of products to try and clean this and get rid of the smell. The only thing that worked was distilled vinegar. (03/05/2008)

By gill k

A car seat in a car.
Cleaning Sour Milk Smell in a Car
big cat in a car
Removing Cat Urine Smell From Car Interior
spilled milk on carpet
Removing Milk Odors on Carpet
Bed Sheets hanging on a line.
Getting Rid of Sour Smell in Bedding
fresh delicious sour cream
Homemade Sour Cream Recipes
🎉
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on December 8, 2016 at 5:44:47 PM on 10.0.0.42 in 920 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.