Sour Milk Smell in Car

How can I get sour milk smell out of my car?

Renee from Albany, NY

Answers:

Sour Milk Smell in Car

Try a product that is used for cat and dog accidents. It has an enzyme eater in it, and since milk has enzymes, I would think that it should do the trick. (07/03/2008)

Sour Milk Smell in Car

I spilled a chocolate Slim Fast Protein shake under the seat of my car when the temperature was over 95 degrees. The next day the smell was unthinkably nauseating. I immediately took it to a detail shop. The stains were gone, but the smell remained and made anything including the clothes I was wearing smell. I hope to try vinegar to remove the stink. (08/01/2008)

By Amanda

Sour Milk Smell on carpet

My son had spilled my chocolate slim fast shake on my carpet. It was behind the couch so I didn't notice it until there was a nasty smell. It was there for a few days. I tried my carpet cleaner, then Nature's Miracle (the pet enzyme stuff). It still has a horrible smell. I can't even be in my apartment because of the smell. (08/30/2008)

By shana

Sour Milk Smell in Car

I was driving home and had a gallon of milk on the seat next to me and just ignored it when it fell on the floor. BIG MISTAKE! When I went to pick it up I saw that it had cracked and there was milk covering the passenger side floor! I scrubbed it right away with Lysol and left the windows down overnight and prayed. Needless to say, I got in the car the next day and almost threw up! My step mom gave me something called "Odo-Ban" (http://cleancontrol.com/OdoBanRetail/OdoBan_Odor_Eliminator.html ) to spray. So I sprayed a ton of it and I let that dry overnight, and the next day there was a little odor, but I sprayed it with Febreeze and it's almost gone. So good luck to anyone else with this problem. (10/07/2008)

By Amy

Sour Milk Smell in Car

I spilled a latte on the car floorboard, and it has been day 4 on this rental car (my car is in the shop). I tried everything including pet odor removers with "enzymes". All it did was make my car smell like a wet dog with the milk stench still hovering! But thanks to you guys, I went to our local Publix supermarket, rented one of those steam cleaners and diluted the carpet cleaner solution with WHITE DISTILLED VINEGAR. Voila! Now my car smells a hint of vinegar minus all the other odors! I can live with that. (10/23/2008)

By li247

Sour Milk Smell in Car

My thermos of milk sat in the car for 4 hours before I could clean it up (long story). There is no immediate solver to this problem, a little patience please.

First, and very important, soak up as much of the milk as you can using paper towels. Use an entire roll if you have to. Cover the spot with baking soda and let it sit overnight or for at least 3 hours. Vacuum it up. Then REPEAT! It will still smell, so spray and moisten with Lysol, which has odor killers in it and let it sit overnight. (11/13/2008)

By Mary C

Sour Milk Smell in Car

I just discovered a sippy cup of milk in my wife's car. It's been there about a week and it leaked out onto the carpet. It's the worst smell combination of vomit and poop. The car is in the garage with all 4 windows down. I'm going to take the advice of these people and try everything. Febreeze didn't work. I saturated the carpet area with it. Problem is, the curdled milk that spilled out has dried into the carpet. (04/19/2009)

By dannycollins

Sour Milk Smell in Car

Pour a mixture of vinegar and water onto soiled carpet area. Let it set for 30-60 minutes. Vacuum. Car may smell like vinegar for a few days, but that smell and the sour milk will go away. (07/15/2009)

By tonya70

A car seat in a car.
Cleaning Sour Milk Smell in a Car
big cat in a car
Removing Cat Urine Smell From Car Interior
spilled milk on carpet
Removing Milk Odors on Carpet
Bed Sheets hanging on a line.
Getting Rid of Sour Smell in Bedding
fresh delicious sour cream
Homemade Sour Cream Recipes
🎉
🎄