Sour Milk Smell in Car

My daughter spilt milk in the car and it was there for several days in 30 degree Celsius temps. Three months later and I can't get rid of the smell... help.

KP from UK

Sour Milk Smell in Car

I used diluted vinegar in my car to get rid of the milk smell. My car smelled like vinegar for approx. 2 days but after that there was no residual milk or vinegar smell! It did not stain or discolor my car's interior either. (08/28/2006)

By Kara

Sour Milk Smell in Car

Try dampening the area where the milk spilled and then sprinkling with fresh, unused coffee grounds and leave for at least a couple of hours (overnight would probably be better), then vacuum (or, for our UK friends, hoover) up the coffee grounds. (08/29/2006)

By Lynn from Calif.

Sour Milk Smell in Car

cat litter may help with the smell . You could try vinegar in water and sponge where the milk was . (08/30/2006)

By tipsy_nz

A car seat in a car.
Cleaning Sour Milk Smell in a Car
big cat in a car
Removing Cat Urine Smell From Car Interior
spilled milk on carpet
Removing Milk Odors on Carpet
Bed Sheets hanging on a line.
Getting Rid of Sour Smell in Bedding
fresh delicious sour cream
Homemade Sour Cream Recipes