Browsing: Removing Odors from Clothing

Sour Smelling Clothing

I have sour smelling t shirts. I have tried everything: laundry odor eliminator, color safe bleach, extra fabric softener, extra fabric sheets, and small loads, immediate placement into the dryer.

Please help me!

Rachel

Answers:
-- 10/18/2004
Add some pinesol or any pine cleaner to your laundry. Any brand!

It works wonder!

By Bobbie
-- 10/18/2004
Try straight vinegar in the wash. Like a cup.
By Lori
-- 10/18/2004
If its only these items and not the rest of your wash have you tried soaking them in Nappy soaker for 24-48 hours then washing in a hot wash. Drying in sunlight should also help.

Regards

Jo

By Jo Bodey
-- 10/18/2004
Soak in baking soda solution.
By William
-- 10/18/2004
Did not see where you have tried using white vinegar in the wash and rinse cycles to get rid of the sour smelling tees. It works every time for me and you don't have to use fabric softener in the dryer or rinse either. If they are really sour, load machine and put in vinegar, let soak for 15-30 and then turn machine on.
By Plh549
-- 10/19/2004
I use distilled vinegar in my laundry. It takes sour odors out and is also suppose to be a natural fabric softener. One would think the laundry would smell like a salad dressing but it doesn't.
By Green18Chick
-- 10/19/2004
When I bring stuff home that has soured, I first soak it in baking soda water, about a cup and a half in the washer, I let it soak overnight, then I wash the clothes in normal laundry soap, then for rinse I put a cup of vinegar with about 20 drops of essential oil in.
Good Luck
By Tracey
-- 10/21/2004
Try laying them on the grass in the sunshine.
By Karen

Stinky Laundry In Washing Machine with Man Holding Nose
Removing Odors from Clothing
Close up of a rack of vintage clothing
Removing Odors from Vintage Clothing
Woman crouched in front of a front loading dryer smelling a shirt
Removing Odors From Clothing That Was Left in the Washer
A beautiful yard.
Solutions for a Sour Smelling Yard
fresh delicious sour cream
Homemade Sour Cream Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 19, 2016 at 4:36:49 AM on 10.0.1.162 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.