Southern Fried Cornbread
I have been making this cornbread for many years and my family loves it. It is very simple to make.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 14 pieces of cornbread
- 2 cups fine ground white cornmeal
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- bacon grease
- In medium mixing bowl, stir milk into the cornmeal. It should be a consistency that you could pour but not runny.
- Dip by tablespoonful and place into hot grease in skillet.
- Cook on medium heat until browned. Turn and brown other side.
- Remove from grease and place on paper towels to drain.
- Sprinkle salt on cornbread. Serve hot.
- It's crispy and yummy. Enjoy!
You can freeze the leftover corn bread and heat it for another meal. Prepare for freezing so the pieces will not stick together when frozen.
To heat, place the frozen pieces on a baking pan and set in a cold oven. Set temperature control on 400 degrees F and bake for approximately 10-15 minutes. When you see the grease bubbling around the edges, it is hot and ready to serve.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!