Space Bags Reviews

Zipper tab close style Ziploc Bag
Space bags are sold to help with organizing and storing things such as, seasonal clothing and linens. They use less space because the air is sucked out of the bag. This is a guide about space bags reviews.

Has anyone had luck with space bags?

Ava from Annapolis, IL

Best Answer

When the bags work, they are great. It makes storage for our down filled comforter easy. This makes the large comforter fit in a small space for storage during the warm season and the comforter is easily "tossed" back into being fluffy. When the bags don't work they seem to leak down after a couple of days. I have not tried to use garbage bags and if they work it would be much cheaper (I like cheaper).

Good fortune either way, redbeard

Best Answer

My opinion of space bags is that they were a good idea that didn't quite work. They tear easily and they get brittle and crack very quickly. The closures were flimsy and came off or broke very quickly.

Glenda

Best Answer

I was on a trip in Hawii and was having trouble fitting everything into my suitcase for my return, since I bought so much while there. So I took a chance and tried the spacebags from a local store. Well I was impressed as they did the job. They were helpful, but not as great as the commercials make them sound but they are a great help.

Best Answer

I'm not seeing the same problems you guys are having either. I've used them on two of my Army deployments and as long as you don't abuse them they work great. It makes packing 4 sets of ACUs and cold weather gear a snap in my bag. Take care of them and don't subject them to abuse and they will work great. I didn't like the ones you "had" to use a vacuum for but now they have ones you can roll the air out. They are hands down better than the old ones. A lot of people in my unit are using them to compress down their gear and keep it clean and dry.

What about space bags? Are they reliable or are they a waste of money?

Barb from Fairview, MI

Answers:

Space Bags Reviews

My experience came up a waste. Mine was maybe 4 yrs ago. Maybe they have improved?

edie
Mine were "spacebags" too. (11/09/2006)

By edieparks

Space Bags Reviews

The ones you vac. I got a mixed result. The ones you squeeze are a pain and the ziplock part seemed to bust as I was squeezing. Not worth the time or money. I like Ziploc XL and XXL bags better, they are strong and hold a lot, I just zip them mostly closed and have my daughter lay on it to get a good amount of air out, work great. (11/09/2006)

By

Space Bags Reviews

I have used the XL and XXL Ziploc bags for things we may get into in the next couple months and they are great. I do use the space bags for long term storage, summer clothes being stored for the winter, etc. I do not have a lot of closet or drawer space so I change twice a year, summer and winter. I store the spacebags in a Rubbermaid tub stacked so I can easily get to them in my crawlspace and have not had any problems. (11/10/2006)

By Judy

Space Bags Reviews

I have used the space bags for storing linens as well as clothes. I found that after three uses they started to fall apart; the plastic ripped and the plastic zipper broke. I won't be wasting any more of my money on them. I wonder if anyone has tried plain, plastic garbage bags and use your vacuum to get the air out and tie them closed? (11/10/2006)

By Persnickety Paula

Space Bags Reviews

I was not crazy over them. They ripped and no matter what somehow some got air into. I just pack stuff into a garbage bag now I do not have a lot of space to store stuff, but to me they were not worth the bother. (11/10/2006)

By Mary Ann.

Space Bags Reviews

I've had good to fair results with the kind that need a vacuum to take out air. The roll ones for travel are a total waste. They kept bursting open as I tried to squeeze out the air or else I could never extract enough air to make them really useful. (11/10/2006)

By Memere

Space Bags Reviews

I don't understand the problems you all have had with spacebags. I've been using them for about 7-8 years now and I love them. I have limited storage space, so the spacebags are a wonderful solution.
Two bags that I put extra blankets in over 2 years ago are still as flat as a pancake.
I really don't know what I would do without them. (11/10/2006)

By hugmehugs

Space Bags Reviews

I have used the bags for years to put away summer and winter clothes, and then stash them under the bed. They have worked well for me. I have in the past used a thick garbage bag and sucked out the air and quickly tied them off with a twist tie. But, I prefer the space bags. (11/11/2006)

By jwrh626

Space Bags Reviews

When they work, the work fine, but my experience is that at least 50%
do not hold a vacuum. They were advertised as improved and we bought a few at BB&B. They failed at the same rate as the old ones. This is a great concept but unfortunately, for something so expensive, they are not reliable. (11/24/2006)

By rmhealy

Space Bags Reviews

Not only do they not hold air, there is no way a medium size bag can hold 8-10 sweaters as promised on the box! I struggle to get three in the stupid things and the bag doesnt get flatter at all. A complete waste of money. (06/09/2007)

By beatmusic

Space Bags Reviews

I love the concept but will be returning the product to BB & B today. Only got one out of three to work.
They suck! <smile> (08/11/2007)

By Chris C

Space Bags Reviews

Have returned a total of 15 spacebags to the Shelf store for exchange and have had a total on 1 that held it's vacuum. The travel bags are a total waste. Keep popping open and I have to roll them on floor with knees pouncing just to try and get the air out. A total waste of time and false advertisement. No way you can get all the product the advertisements claim. Never shows you putting items in the bags just how much will drops out or vacuums down. (12/01/2007)

By g.Ryba

Space Bags Reviews

I just placed an order online and used a coupon and all seemed well until I got a confirmation e-mail with the wrong price. I guess my coupon didn't work after all :(Another thing that irritated me off was they didn't let me know it would take 4 weeks for delivery, until my order was complete. This is a gift for my mother-in-law for Christmas and I guess it won't be here on time. LOL She was telling me she wanted to order these to make space in her closet so I was going to surprise her with them. Now I'm reading all these bad reviews and I'm thinking about canceling my order. To top it off none of the links work for customer service at spacebag.com. I'm getting bad vibes :( (12/06/2007)

By Lana

Space Bags Reviews

They don't work! The air is coming right back in. I got them, but I might have just as well take 20 dollar bills and flush them down the toilet. (05/29/2008)

By Agnes

Space Bags Reviews

They are not working for me. Once in a blue moon did I get one to work. The travel ones are a waste as well. I was better off using the xl Ziplocs. They are a great idea if they would stay sealed. (07/19/2008)

By rz from NH

Space Bags Reviews

I got the travel ones that you could vaccum or roll so that I could fit more clothes in my suitcase. I was able to double what I could fit in one and the vaccum workes a lot better than rolling, but I found taking the cap off and pushing air out of bag works well. They made packing a lot easier for me! (08/28/2008)

Space Bags Reviews

We purchased 3 multi-packs at Bed Bath & Beyond last year to use for storing all of the winter bed lines. We also purchased the hanging bag several months later.
The bags worked great, until I needed to remove the linens for winter use. As soon as I opened the bag, I could smell this horrible odor. Not only did I have to wash my clean winter linens, I soon found that every item in the rest of the bags also had this odor, and they too had to be washed. What we spent on buying the bags, we actually doubled in washing cost.

The hanging bag...what a joke! I put 2 suits inside, sealed the bag, sucked all the air out, and bam all the air went rushing back in. I couldn't get the hanger part back on without all the air rushing back. And for hanging the bag, good luck. Couldn't get it to stay connected to save my own life.
This things are a waste of time & money. I do not recommend anyone buying them. (10/03/2008)

By ScottishYankee

Space Bags Reviews

They do not work. I have bought quite a few, all the different ones and with in two week the air is in and the bags are like before. I bought the square one and put it in a plastic box and it still went back to normal size. At first I thought it was me so I continued to buy, but not anymore. Keep your money. The travel ones are a waste as well. They are a great idea if they would stay sealed. (10/25/2008)

By Cj