- 1 8 oz. package of spaghetti
- 1 1/2 lb. of ground meat or ground turkey
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 jar (15 or 16 ounce) spaghetti sauce (or make your own)
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 4 oz. Mozzarella cheese, grated
- Cook spaghetti and drain.
- Put spaghetti in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Then stir in butter, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and egg until butter has melted and everything is thoroughly mixed. Spread this mixture in the bottom of the baking dish evenly. Then start on the next layer.
- Place oil in a fry pan and saute ground meat (or ground turkey), onion and green pepper until the meat is brown. Drain the oil from the meat.
- Then add spaghetti sauce, sugar, oregano, garlic salt to the meat and stir.
- Now to put together the casserole. Put the cottage cheese on top of the spaghetti. Then add the meat and spaghetti sauce mixture, followed by the Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article