Spider Plant Leaf Tips Turn Brown

How can I keep the tips of my Spider plant leaves from turning brown? Everyone I've ever tried to grow has done this on every leaf.

Hardiness Zone: 7b

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

Spider Plant Leaf Tips Turn Brown

Rule of thumb is brown tips, not enough water, yellow leaves too much water or not enough light. I have learned the best way to water is in my kitchen sink. I fill it almost full with tepid water than add some liquid plant food, insert the plants as many as I can fit as possible and let set for an hour. Then I drain them in my dish drainer and return them to their proper spot.

I also read that with spider plants you must feed them every time you water. When you just water from the top till it comes out the bottom it is not truly getting all the dirt moist, where as soaking them for an hour they really drink up the water. Always cut away dead or yellow leaves to keep it healthy. I have gotten many new spider plants from the shoots that I root in water and then plant. Good luck and I hope this helps. (07/09/2009)

By LULUbobo

Spider Plant Leaf Tips Turn Brown

Tips of the leaves are turning brown because the plant is transpiring. It is getting too much water. (10/22/2009)

By Jeannette1940

Spider Plant on White Background
Growing Spider Plants
damage to chard leaf
Controlling Leaf Miners
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Black Widow Spider Costume