Fun, inexpensive projects can be made for Halloween decorations. This guide contains spiderweb crafts.
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance
Super-easy, cheap, and fun for your preschooler on up!
Approximate Time: 5-10 minutes
- dark colored construction paper
- white rice
- white glue
- Have your child draw one vertical and one horizontal line with the glue, intersecting at ninety-degree angles so that the paper is dissected into equal quadrants.
- Now have them draw two diagonally-intersecting lines with the glue, so that there is an asterisk on the paper.
- Have your child draw three lines across each triangle-shaped section, forming a rudimentary spiderweb with the glue on the paper.
- When you are done, sprinkle the white rice all over the paper, wait for a few minutes to let it settle into the glue.
- Shake excess rice gently off, and let dry overnight.
- Proudly display this Halloween craft on your refrigerator or front door for the Trick-or-Treaters to enjoy!
By Brianna from Dutch Harbor, AK
These sparkly webs look great when used as doilies under bowls or strewn about on the table. You can make these spider webs any size you want, so suit your needs. Try making some in other colors!
Approximate Time: 20 minutes
- 1 bottle black glitter glue
- 1 sheet white paper
- black Sharpie
- wax paper
- Using a Sharpie, draw out your spider web on a piece of white paper.
- Tape your drawing down, then tape a piece of wax paper over it.
- Carefully trace the main lines of your web. Make sure to draw fairly thick lines, that way it will hold up when peeled off the wax paper.
- Now, trace over the rest of the web. Make sure that all of the lines touch, so that they are connected once they dry. Be careful to not put your hand in the glue!
- Gently remove your wax paper from the table and lay it on a flat surface to dry. It took my web about 24 hours to dry, especially in the thick spots.
- Gently remove your web from the wax paper once it is completely dry. If the web tears a little don't worry. Once it is laid out you won't be able to see it.
0 found this helpful
This video shows you how to make a glitter glue spiderweb. View the full project here Glitter Glue Spiderweb
More to Explore
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on June 19, 2016 at 1:11:41 AM on 10.0.1.132 in 652 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us