Spike (Little Corella Cockatoo)

Spike is a 4 year old Little Corella Cockatoo. Spike was a surprise Christmas gift from my family. Spike likes to eat furniture in his spare time.

I fell in love with Spike while visiting our local pet shop. He would reach out from the bars of his cage a grip my finger. He would not let go! It was love at first sight. My daughter and I would visit him as often as we could, until one day my husband bought him as a surprise Christmas gift.

Spike speaks only a few words, but he understands what he is saying. He says "Bye, bye" whenever I grab my car keys. A wonderful friend he is!

By The gal from RPV

Spike is a beautiful bird and maybe you need to buy him those little sticks that my parakeets used to love to destroy. Does Spike have cuttlebone? It helps to keep their bills (beaks) filed down so the top part doesn't end up lapping too far over the bottom. They will starve to death. Spike might be trying to tell you he needs something, and I know you love him enough to get it for him.

Since you've already had him for 4 years, I guess you already know what he needs, and he sure looks healthy enough. Maybe he just likes to whittle wood. Who knows?

Try buying him a box of tongue depressors, anything to save your furniture. :-)

Thank you for sharing him with us. I wish you many happy years together.

Pookarina

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Yes, Spike does have a cuttle bone and many toys to gnaw upon. I do get him groomed every 2-3 months as well. One thing we all know about Spike is his love of leather. I will be purchasing some leather strips mad just for birds. Thank you for the feedback, Pookarina.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes