Spoon Rest Ideas

Category Miscellaneous
You can buy any number of spoon rests at your favorite kitchen store, make one, or use something that you already have in the house. This guide contains spoon rest ideas.

When using a long spoon for stirring soup, etc., I rest the spoon in a coffee cup. It takes up less space and makes less mess on the stove.

Great idea. I was going to pitch a Christmas mug that gets too hot in the microwave but am going to use as you suggest. 

I use the top from a margarine tub for a spoon rest. It is big enough to catch the drips. It is easy to wash! It keeps the stove top clean.

By Jean from Louisville, KY

My family goes through a lot of sliced cheese. I kept throwing away those little clear plastic wrappers from the slices and wondering what else could be done with them. I finally found something they're good for - they make excellent disposable spoon rests!

By Glynda Lomax

What do you use for a spoon rest when you are cooking? I usually just tear a piece of aluminum foil. Any better suggestions?

Onesummer

I always have both cheap paper plates and cheap paper napkins beside the stove and micro anyway, so often use one of them

I use a small plate that hardly takes up any room in the dishwasher.

I have an aluminum pizza pan -one of those cheap wal-mart kinds you can get for a couple of dollars- that I lay my spoons and meatfork on. Especially good -roomy- when cooking large meals!

I have a small dish in the shape of a leaf.

I usually just use the plate I will be eating from (unless I am having company and want to set my table earlier). That way there is no extra dish/utensil to wash.

I had one for years and dropped it and it was 'gone'. Always loved having one; no problem to clean. Got a nice one @ the thrift store for 25 cents.

My lady has bought some plastic items that are made for the purpose of using them as a spoon rest. They work out very well.

I received a spoonrest as a gift, but it broke. I missed it. I like that I can put it in the dishwasher every night for cleaning. I bought one very cheaply at the thrift store. But you can always use a pretty saucer or small plate to do the job. What about a coaster?

I use a large jar lid like mayonnaise comes in.

I use the heal on a loaf of bread and when I'm done I usually give it to my dogs or depending on what I'm cooking, I use a coffee cup filled with hot water and put my spoon in that. Easier clean up.