Spray Bottle With Diluted Dish Soap

My handy kitchen tip is to keep a spray bottle with water and a few drops of dish soap in it by the sink. This is excellent for quick clean ups on the cupboard and also if you are only washing one or two items. Instead of using soap straight from the dish soap container and using way too much this is ready to go, uses less soap and lasts a long time. My neighbor showed me this years ago and I have done it ever since.

By Joyce from Regina, Sask, Canada

Use Spray Bottle With Diluted Dish Soap For Small Jobs

I like that. In a similar vein: I had a roommate who stood a dish brush in a small glass of very diluted dish soap by the sink. We used less soap and the brush didn't get yucky or mildewy because it wasn't absorbent like a sponge would have been and it was always ready to go. (11/16/2007)

By Leslie

Spray Bottle With Diluted Dish Soap

I do the same thing! It is also great when you want to soak a dish. Spray once or twice and fill with hot water. I use a little more than a few drops of soap, but be sure to not get it too thick or it won't spray out. (11/16/2007)

Spray Bottle With Diluted Dish Soap

I do this too ! I often spray the dishes if they have to sit awhile waiting for a previous dishwasher load to get done ! It's nice & easy to be able to wipe the dish that otherwise would have hard dried food stuck on it before it goes in for the final wash ! (11/16/2007)

Spray Bottle With Diluted Dish Soap

You can also use it to kill bugs, should there happen to be any walking or flying by you when you're in the kitchen. I have one of these spray bottles handy all summer in several locations. They work for everything from aphids to large hard-shelled insects-- the latter will slow down enough to swat.

I keep a spray bottle of vinegar along with the dish-soap spray bottle, and use it to clean up pet messes (it neutralizes odor). Also, after wiping the table or floor with soap, it makes rinsing the table easier to use vinegar.

By Cantate

Spray Bottle
Spray Bottle With Diluted Dish Soap
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Dish Soap Bottle Dolls
Painted Recycled Plastic Spray Bottle
Painted Recycled Plastic Spray Bottle
Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Making a Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle