AdviceParties

Spring Break Ideas in Europe

My class is organizing a Spring Break, we've 1 year left to go to university. We are looking for some cool places to go, in Europe, but everybody wants to go to Spain (Calpe, Benidorm, Salou, Lloret del Mar...). Well, half of the students can't go, because their parents think that's dangerous, many people get drunk/hurt, some even die. Some people want beach parties, others want some good places to visit, with good places to go out and not much confusion. Well, I would love to go to Italy or England, or my dream, America (California, L.A., Washington DC, etc.), but I can't dream that big yet. I have to find a good city to stay, with a bit of everything (good nights, parties, beach or snow, monuments, rollercoasters...). Could you help me, guys ? Thank you!

By Caroliina

Perhaps I'm biased because I live here, but why don't you try Malta, a little island in the middle of the Meditaranean sea. It has a huge historic legacy, with plenty of places to visit, great for clubbing, and fabulous beaches. The climate is terrific, its reasonably cheap (meals, hotels, etc.) and very safe as long as you use common sense. Kids play outside alone till late at night during the summer holidays because nothing will happen to them.

There are no wars, strife, etc. and its a very stable country. The Italian island of Sicily is only 60 miles away and you can go for a day trip or a weekend there by catamaran, great place for shopping. There is also a tiny sister island called Gozo which is quaint and pretty; just a cheap 30 min trip on the ferry.

Nearly everybody speaks English so there is no language problem. Google it and see if it is what you are looking for.