Spring Cleaning (Outside Your House)

Category Cleaning
Woman Spring Cleaning Outside With Pressure Washer
Spring cleaning is not limited to inside. There are many cleaning jobs that you will want to tackle outdoors. This is a guide about spring cleaning (outside your house).

Make spring clean up a breeze! Rent a 2800 psi power washer for 1/2 a day. Use it to blow leaves and debris out of flower beds without damage or raking! Blow it into the yard and then mulch it up with your mower. You'll be amazed at how little clean up you'll have after doing this. It's much quicker and easier than any other method.

By Jim from Chagrin Falls

I clean the outside of our house with bleach to remove dirt and mildew, it saves painting it. Use a bottle that hooks to the water hose, you may not need a bottle full of bleach. Get the bottle from a Hardware store or where they sell plants, Lowe's may have them.

By Kathleen from Dothan, AL

Can I use regular bleach to clean the outside of my house? I bought a bottle of "outdoor bleach" that is hooked to the water hose. It did OK in some places, but others still have mildew. I wondered if I could fill the bottle back up with regular household bleach and use it the same way. I don't want to kill all the plants around the edge of the porch.

By nonniebeth from Rome, GA

Sure, that is what I do but be sure to rinse off the bleach. What doesn't come off with the bleach could be algae. Bleach doesn't work on algae.

Try a place like Home Depot-they have eco-safe mold and mildew removers. If it is in your budget try to "rent" a pressure washer, and get these same products, and you will see a HUGE difference. Use your hose sprayer to wet down the area first, and then use the pressure washer. Also good old fashioned "elbow grease" using a long handled scrub brush works!

Anonymous

Please do what Deniaka recommends! Do not use household chlorine bleach as it's poisonous to the environment. It seeps into the soil and into waterways. It's poisonous to anything living including plants, pets, wild critters, children and you.