Spring on the "Path Garden"

Spring on the

Here is a pretty flower from "The Path Garden", still don't know the name of it though.

By Great Granny Vi

Spring on the "Path Garden"

I think that's a variety of allium. The foliage appears to be similar to that of daffodils/jonquils, which is what allium foliage looks like. And the bloom looks like allium, although most allium that I've seen are lavender to purple, depending upon the variety. Perhaps it looks more blue than lavender in the pic, but is lavender in 'real life'? The true test would be to dig down around the bulb, and if it smells like an onion, (sniff your hand, lol) it's allium! I love them in W. Central Ohio, mine bloom in May. I think I've gotten that 'aroma' when cutting off the stalks, too, but not certain.

I love your path garden! Your idea was very creative and I'm sure your neighborhood appreciates your labor of love! Keep the pics coming. I really enjoy looking at gardens. Guess it's because they're always SO pretty and I don't have to break a sweat! ;D Thanks, and good luck with your 'mystery flowers'! (04/01/2010)

By janiebean

Spring on the "Path Garden"

This looks like the same kind of flower to me. I don't know the name of it either, I call it my star flower! (04/01/2010)

By jackie.mantel

RE: Spring on the

Spring on the "Path Garden"

Looks like an agapanthus.

By Plantpassion

Spring on the "Path Garden"

It looks like allium. If you break a piece off and it smells like onions, it is defiantly allium. (04/02/2010)

By kellyfive

Garden Path Concrete Tiles
Garden Path Ideas
Spring floral wall bucket using artificial flowers.
Homemade Spring Decorations
Woman Spring Cleaning Outside With Pressure Washer
Spring Cleaning (Outside Your House)
Dried Wreath With Crocus Flower
Homemade Spring Wreaths
view down the path garden
The Path Garden (Moorpark, CA) Photos and Information