Sprinkle Used Coffee Grounds Around Plants

I know coffee grounds are good for the garden, but are they also good for indoor plants?

By Joyce M. from Pittsburgh, PA

Answers:

As an experiment this year, I not only used coffee grounds in the garden and yard, I also used them in the house. All of the plants that I used them on showed no ill effects, and surprisingly, a couple had more growth than at any other time. I even tried "watering" a few with watered down, cooled coffee. The result was amazing. One in particular, a cactus, grew several inches high, and sprouted lots of shoots. This same plant had not shown any significant growth the previous 2 years. Why not try it? I also tried this on a couple of tomato plants, and they did well, also. Good luck. (10/23/2009)

By marymary22

Check online with your state's extension site. Ask the question. It depends on the plant. The acidity could change the PH dramatically or it may not hurt it at all. Make sure you work it into the soil to avoid little bugs that hatch in compost (grounds). (10/23/2009)

By T and T Grandma

ground coffee
Uses for Coffee Grounds
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
Coffee Beans
Cleaning With Coffee
ground coffee
Using Coffee Grounds in the Garden
🎄