Squash Casserole

These is one of my favorite vegetable recipes! This squash casserole has been adapted from one that used stove top (which I don't care for). I also have four children who love these.

• 3 cups herb stuffing mix
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 Tbsp. poultry seasoning
  • 1 tsp. of parsley
  • 1 tsp. onion powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. pepper
  • 1 can condensed cream of celery soup
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 4 small yellow squash, grated
  • 1/4 cup carrot, grated/shredded
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine stuffing, butter, poultry seasoning, onion powder, parsley, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Reserve half of the stuffing mix. Spoon the remaing stuffing mix in a shallow baking dish.combine the next five ingredients in a bowl. Spread over stuffing mix in the baking dish. spoon the reserved stuffing over the soup mixture. Bake 40 minutes or until hot.

By Bonnie from Cleveland, Ohio

Squash Casserole

I did try this recipe and it is great. The salt called for in it made it a bit too salty. I think next time I make it, I will add no salt. The herb stuffing mix is salty enough. We love squash and this was a great way for varity. Thanks. (09/16/2006)

By Linda, Las Vegs, Nv.

Squash Casserole

I make what my family calls Goulash- you use both yellow and green squash - zuch. and tomatoes and velvetta cheese in the block........basically you judge by the size of your family how much you will need.....I use 1-2 large zuch. and 3-4 yellow squash, a large can of stewed tomatoes ( you can you fresh but they need to be skinned ) cook it down until the veggies are semi tender , then drain juice off, let it sit in strainer for a few min. to completely remove juice, put back in pan and add blocks of velvetta add to personal taste I usually add a good bit, I think the more the better.........we think it is soooo good, try it!! (09/25/2007)

By wvrdnkwmn

Squash Casserole
Squash Casserole Recipes
Buttercup Squash
Preserving Seeds From Buttercup Squash
Pickled Pumpkin
Pickled Squash Recipes
basket of sweet potato squash
Growing Sweet Potato Squash (Delicata Squash)
summer squash
Drying Squash