Squeaking Shoes

I just bought new $80.00 walking shoes and they have started to squeak. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Karen from GA

Answers:

Squeaking Shoes

I have heard that if you put Vaseline or some type of liquid oil on the areas that rub together that it will stop the squeaking. You will need to reapply the the gel or oil again when the squeaking starts again. (01/31/2001)

Squeaking Shoes

Put baby powder inside your shoes. Soon the squeaking will stop! (01/31/2001)

By jan.hardginski

Squeaking Shoes

Call the store where you bought them, if they can't help, they can give you the number of the company who made them. For that amount of money, you should get results! (02/02/2001)

By Barb

Squeaking Shoes

One manufacturer suggests working talcum powder into the area that squeaks. Try to work it in as much as possible, especially in the noisy area. (01/07/2003)

By phoehne

Squeaking Shoes

I just tried the baby powder and it worked instantly. Thanks. (05/19/2005)

By T

Squeaking Shoes

I just tried baby powder on mine and it worked like a charm. Thanks everyone. (07/31/2005)

By Gloria

Squeaking Shoes

I put mine in the dryer for about 10-15 minutes, and that seemed to do the trick to stop the squeak. (11/14/2005)

By Haley

Squeaking Shoes

I fixed my tennis shoes with WD40. (11/21/2006)

By Tom

Squeaking Shoes

Out of desperation I tried some dry antiperspirant deodorant. It worked a treat! (04/09/2007)

Squeaking Shoes

I just got my pair of short ultimate Uggs in the mail to find out that the right one was squeaking loudly. I found out that a squeak is caused by a gap between the insole and the sole of the shoe. I removed the insole, and on the part that was squeaking, I folded up a tissue, and taped it onto the back of the insole. I put it back into the shoe and TADDAA! It worked. The squeak is gone. For now anyways. (10/11/2007)

Squeaking Shoes

As a teenage athlete we go through a lot of shoes for sports and all. But well, I had a pair of Air Max running shoes and about a month after my purchase of them they started to squeak. A friend told me "put a piece of folded paper towel under the insole of the shoe" and the next day they didn't squeak. So someone could try that. (01/01/2008)

By Johnny

Squeaking Shoes

The Vaseline totally worked for me. Thanks! (01/07/2009)

By Shalini

Squeaking Shoes

The paper towel seems to work, but if you want something more permanent, try Pellon (interfacing). I bought it at a cloth store and just cut it. It won't ravel. Get the kind without glue on it. (07/26/2010)

By artsiecl

Top Comment

I have a similar problem with a very expensive pair of Born oxfords. They're over 20 years old and still in fine shape! The only problem is the squeaky noise which seems to get louder each time I wear them. The inner sole is not removal and I don't want to risk destroying the shoe, so applying baby powder under it is not an option. I've also heard a lot about WD40, but I don't want to cause the shoes to become flammable. I called the manufacturer and they suggested sticking a pin through the sole. I tried this and could not get the pin to penetrate the sole. I may try again.

Top Comment

The inner sole is permanently attached. Applying lubricant may possibly destroy the leather or at least cause the shoe to become flammable. Any other suggestions, preferably safe ones?

Fixing a Squeaky Shoe
Fixing a Squeaky Shoe
Trying on New Shoes
Breaking in New Shoes
Polishing Leather Shoes
Polishing Leather Shoes
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
🎉
🎄