Squirrels in My Attic

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of a flying squirrel in my attic? Thanks for your help.

By Vicky

Answers:

Squirrels in My Attic

I have this issue as well! I think they are "protected" so that becomes an issue. I know that they are smart and throw up any poison anyway, so I have tried the live traps. I put a bit of peanut butter on the bait spot and get them trapped, only thing is you have to move them very far away for them not to return. And since they breed like wild, you may want to keep your trap up there after you think you have them all. Good luck! (03/11/2011)

By brenneman826

Squirrels in My Attic

If they bred like wild they would not be protected. There are heavy fines and even jail time for killing animals on the protected list. All you have to do is call your local wildlife management office and they will take care of it. Please do not kill animals. (03/11/2011)

By Lilac

Squirrels in My Attic

They will use traps to get them out too and when you say all she has to do is call the local wildlife management office, do you think they are going to plug up the hole for her so no more get in? I doubt it. Best to call someone who will take care of the place they are getting in and set a trap along with it. It is easy to say to not kill the animals and I don't like it either, but when they can chew through wiring and make so much noise you can't sleep, there is not much alternative. (03/11/2011)

By Laniegirl

Squirrels in My Attic

I can tell you how I got rid of mine. It depends on how much you hate the thoughts of them being there. First I bought a water gun. A child's toy. Then I saved my urine and filled the gun up and everywhere I saw squirrels I sprayed like crazy. It worked for me and when they were gone I had my husband close the openings they were using to go in and out of. Good luck. (Wild animals mark their territory with urine and boy did I mark mine.) (03/11/2011)

By grannygirl

Squirrels in My Attic
Squirrels going through fascia board into attic.
Keeping Squirrels Out of Your Attic
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Squirrel Eating From Bird Feeder
Keeping Squirrels Away (Deterring Squirrels)
Cats in the Attic
Cats in the Attic
🎉
🎄