St. Patrick's Day Pin Ideas

A fun craft to add green to anyone's holiday outfit is a decorative pin. This guide contains St. Patrick's day pin ideas.

Debra Frick0 found this helpful
March 12, 2008 Flag

Here is a teenage craft for St. Patrick's Day craft that is quick and easy and does not take a whole lot of time. It could even be adapted to younger kids by using larger stones that could be used as paperweights. The origins of the Blarney Stone's magical properties aren't clear, but one legend says that an old woman cast a spell on the stone to "reward" a king who had saved her from drowning. Kissing the stone while under the spell gave the king the ability to speak sweetly and convincingly.

Materials

Instructions

With the permanent makers write "My Blarney Stone" or "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" on your pretty stone. Attach pin back.

May this give you the power to be as eloquent as any old leprechaun!

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What a great idea! I began to scheme as soon as I saw it. I think I'll make one for all my family members and of course, me as I love holiday themed pins and try to make a new one for each holiday every year. I take the pins off the old ones and make door wreaths with them to donate or give away. Shamrock bouquet from me to you for such a great simple idea.

February 23, 2013 Flag

Shamrock Pin Craft Ideas

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Make a cute shamrock pin to wear in honor of St. Patrick's Day. This is a guide about shamrock pin craft ideas.

March 7, 2010 Flag

A quick and fun pin for girls, boys, women or men to ward off those who would pinch.

Approximate Time: 15 minutes

Instructions:

1. On your cardboard, I used a cereal box weight cardboard, draw two of whichever pin you are making, Leprechaun or shamrock. Cut one out on the lines and one just inside the lines for your backing.
  2. Place your larger cardboard cutout on your green fabric and draw a line around 1/4 inch larger all around, cut out your fabric.
  3. Related Content(article continues below)

4. Lay the cardboard on the wrong side of your fabric, using tacky glue start at one end and glue the fabric over the edges, hold until it stays. Go to the opposite end and repeat, keep working at spots across from each other until all is smooth on the front. For the inner corners you will need to clip the fabric into the cardboard.
  5. Take your ribbon and wrap around the knobs, as you wish, tie the rings into your bow and glue a pin back on the back.
  6. For my Leprechaun hat I laid my pattern on the decorative edging of an old pillowcase for the hatband, but you could just as easily wrap ribbon before you glue on the back.

A fun project for children to do and take to school to give to their friends.

By Ann from Loup City, NE

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts St. Patrick's DayMarch 13, 2013
St. Patrick's Day Sherbet Float 2
St. Patrick's Day Sherbet Float
Two people watching a St Patrick's Day parade.
St Patrick's Day Parade Float Ideas
Shamrock Pin Craft
Shamrock Pin Craft Ideas
St. Patrick's Day Wreath
St. Patrick's Day Wreath Ideas
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 2:53:25 AM on 10.0.0.241 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.