St. Patrick's Day Toilet Paper Tube Hats
Today, we are making these super cute hats for St. Patrick's Day decor. They are so easy and fun to make, you can make dozens and put them all over your house!
Total Time: About 15-20 minutes each one
Yield: 1 tube=1 hat
- empty toilet paper tubes
- green (light and dark), yellow, and black construction paper
- glue sticks
- First, gather all your supplies together. I like to do all the measuring and cutting out of the shapes first so that it's out of the way and you can just spend the rest of the time putting it all together.
Also, you can either cut the toilet paper tube in half and make two small ones or leave it in one piece and make a tall one, both are cute!
- Wrap your big green strip around the tube and secure with glue.
- Next, take the black strip and wrap around the green strip, securing with glue, you may need to hold them for a few minutes until it dries a bit.
- Take your yellow square and glue it onto the black strip. Rather than trying to cut out the middle of the yellow square, I just color in a black square and glue a little yellow line on it to make it look like the buckle.
Related Content(article continues below)
- Glue the small hearts near the buckle, forming a shamrock.
- Punch a tiny hole in the center of the leaves and through the tube. Secure the brad inside the hole.
- Now take your small and large circles for the top and brim of the hat. I've found that tracing the inside of a roll of masking tape makes a perfect brim size, and then just trace around the tube for the small circle. Starting with the brim of the hat, put a good amount of glue around the entire bottom edge of the toilet paper roll, kind of rub it in with your finger then set the hat onto the brim and center it. You also may need to put some more glue on your finger and go around the edge again just to make it more secure.
As with the bottom, put a good amount of glue around the top edge and fit the small circle to the top, rubbing more glue around the edge to fully secure and let dry. Done! Now make another one. Happy St. Patricks Day!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 24, 2017 at 3:07:18 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us