Stacking a Three Tier Wedding Cake

Could you give me instructions on how to stack a three tier wedding cake? I am making it for my daughter.

Many thanks.
Olwyn B.

Answers:

Stacking a Three Tier Wedding Cake

You will need three card board circles one the size of the largest cake, one the size of the middle cake and one the size of the small cake. Place the largest one in the center of your cake plate and put the large cake on it. Take a dowel rod and push it into the center of the large cake and measure how long it needs to be cut ( the depth of the large cake) cut 5 of the dowel pieces and stick them into the cake in a circle spaced out no larger than the size of the next cake to stack.

Place the next size cake circle on top and continue doing the same thing as you did on the lower level. Measure and cut dowel rod, place in cake, etc. I frost the cakes before I stack them then take a frosting bag with a round tip and go around the cardboard circles to cover the sides. It is good to place "shells" around the cardboard to disguise it. Be sure to put a few dots of frosting on the cake plate to hold the cardboard circle from slipping. Good Luck. Dru. (06/30/2005)

By Drucilla

Stacking a Three Tier Wedding Cake

I've done so many of those, including for two daughters. The easiest thing I can think of is to use plastic drinking straws. Be sure to cut them exactly the same size in each layer. Example: if the tallest point in your layer is 4 3/4 inches then all of the straws need to be cut to 4 3/4 inches for that layer. Use plenty of them to support the next tier, also no less than seven or eight. The cardboard circles can usually be bought from craft stores or even bakeries by the piece, too. Or Wilton has them for each size you may need. For aesthetic value, it is recommended that each tier is 4 inches smaller than the one under, example is: 14 inches, 10 inches, and 6 inches. Though to tell the truth, I was usually a bit of a rebel and did what I thought looked best, or what the bride requested.

Good luck with your cake, and may God bless your daughter and new son-in-law. I hope that they are happy all of their lives. (07/04/2005)

By Margie M.

Stacking a Three Tier Wedding Cake
A beach towel wedding cake.
Making a Towel Wedding Cake
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
Two tiered wedding cake with flowers on top.
Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
🎉
🎄