Stain Remover for Old Stains

Seems like I remember someone submitting a stain remover that even works on old stains. I bought a new purple blouse. I got something on it and sprayed spay and wash on it and it didn't touch it.

Please help me.

Linda from Mount Morris, PA

Answers:

Stain Remover for Old Stains

I made a previous post and forgot to sign in so it's waiting for moderator approval. Don't know how long that takes so, I'll post again so you can get it quicker. I use a recipe from "The Tightwad Gazette". It works great on most everything I've tried it on.

1 cup each powdered Clorox II and powdered Cascade in five gallons of the hottest water from faucet. Soak overnight, then launder as usual. The article warns not to use on delicate or non-colorfast items.

I usually soak several items of the same color group (darks, lights, or whites) at one time to get the most economical use of the ingredients.
Hope this helps.

Cheryl
(10/08/2005)

By sdflmom

Stain Remover for Old Stains

I had the same problem and I took the gel type Shout and rubbed into the stain and then took 20 Mule Team borax and rubbed into it as well and then washed it and the old stain came out. (10/09/2005)

By kimmcg

Stain Remover for Old Stains

This is almost foolproof, but cannot be used on delicates like silk. This almost always get out any stain that is old or even a stain you missed before washing and dried completely in the dryer.
Mix 1 cup of Clorox II (powdered or liquid, I use the liquid now, it mixes easier) and 1 cup of Ivory or Dove liquid to 1 gallon of water. Let the item sit and soak until no trace of the stain remains. Wash as usual. Sometimes I have had to let a stain sit for several days. The only stain I can think of that hasn't come out has been tiny rust spots, like the kind that gets on whites from the washer and very old baby spitup stains.

I have soaked several like-colored items at a time, but noticed that it cuts the effectiveness and it takes longer to get the stain out.

I hope this can help someone. It has saved many a garment for me. (12/29/2005)

By Carla G

Stain Remover for Old Stains

I use a bar of Ivory soap, wrapped in a "delicates" bag and rub it out. Works best on whites. (07/24/2007)

By Lynn

Laundry supplies.
Homemade Stain Remover Recipes
T-shirt with ketchup, chocolate, and coffee stains on it
Using Hydrogen Peroxide as a Stain Remover
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Kerosene
Using Kerosene for Stains
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors, Broken glass of red wine on wood floor.
Removing Red Wine Stains from Hardwood Floors
🎄