Stained Tupperware

I wonder if anyone has some good ideas for removing stains on Tupperware? Some of my tumblers got stained, probably from sitting in dirty dishwater too long. I hope there is something I can do besides pitching them.

Thanks.
Debbie from IL

Answers:

Stained Tupperware

I'm a guest to the forums, but remembered visiting back when I had purchased some stained Tupperware in a thrift store. It had a heavy yellow stain that I thought would come out and it was cheap so I bought it. I got home and cleaned it and it never came out that way, so next I tried the leave it in the hot sun for a few days trick and it still did not come out. Eventually I did get the stain out purely as an accident.

Since it had not come out the previous ways, I had delegated it to the container I used when making sourdough starter. I set it outside in the sun to keep warm and after about a few days I had a nice starter to make bread with. I put that starter into a glass jar and put it into the fridge. When I cleaned my poor stained Tupperware pitcher, the stain was gone. yay! I guess the little guys liked eating the stain away. Also got a nice loaf of bread.

If as a last ditch resort you want to try this, just Google for any sourdough starter recipe and give it a go. Remember to feed your starter each day. It can take anywhere from 3-7 days to get it foaming right. Even if you kill your starter, your Tupperware should in theory be clean right? I have not tried this on my other stained pieces, but all I know is I made one starter and my pitcher was bleached nice and clean. (05/12/2006)

By Barbara in Vegas

Stained Tupperware

I buy the liquid dishwasher detergent (generic will work). Make a very strong mix with water and fill the stained plastic. Let it set overnight in the sink. By the next morning, the stains should be gone. (07/16/2006)

By mckaysatt

Stained Tupperware

Using "Spray and Wash" on them for a short time works wonders. Someone told me about that hint a couple of years ago. It works really well, also cuts grease and the sticky texture you get after long use. I have some that are 30 years old and I am still using them. Try that way and see how you like the results.
(07/18/2006)

By Dee

Stained Tupperware

I've recently tried the sun method and to my astonishment it works. (07/18/2006)

By Beth

Stained Tupperware

I would recommend Clorox CleanUp, my answer for many cleaning problems. It's fairly inexpensive and works great. (07/19/2006)

By Claudia-MD

Stained Tupperware

Tupperware has a lifetime guarantee so if you can't get the stains out, you can try contacting a dealer and get them swapped. I had the same problem and they replaced the bowl with no hassle even though it was over 10 years old. (I live in Denmark, but I assume the lifetime guarantee is worldwide) (07/21/2006)

By feemayl

Food in Tupperware
Cleaning Stained Tupperware
"Stained Glass" Paper Crafts
"Stained Glass" Paper Crafts
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Painting Over Smoke Stained Walls
Tupperware Stacked
Organizing Plastic Containers
Painting Over Stained Wood Door
Painting Over Stained Wood
🎄