Stainless Steel Sink Stain

I was cleaning my stainless steel sink and now have a stain from the cleaner. Any ideas on how to remove it?
Nothing I've done has worked so far.

Stainless Steel Sink Stain

I don't know if this will work, but it might be worth a try. I use a mixture of 1/2 cup baking soda and 1/2 cup water to shine my stainless steel. I rub it in with a clean towel or paper towel and rinse with warm water. Good luck! (01/22/2005)

By JenniferR

Stainless Steel Sink Stain

I use Bar Keepers Friend. It can be found at any grocer. (01/23/2005)

Stainless Steel Sink Stain

Try folding a paper towel or washcloth to just a little bigger than the stain. Pour white vinegar on it until it is pretty soaked. Leave it set as long as you can, overnight if possible. This will even take off hard water deposits. (01/23/2005)

By gizmo81795

Stainless Steel Sink Stain

Try SOS pads. Steel wool. (01/23/2005)

By Melody

Stainless Steel Sink Stain

This was the 1st step I made to an orderly home. I am a "flybaby" from She's changed my family's life!

Run some very hot water into the sink. Fill to the rim. Only do one side at a time. Then, pour a cup of household bleach into the hot water. Let it sit for 1 hour. Now, pull the plug with a pair of tongs. If you don't have tongs, then scoop some of the water out of the sink into the other sink and use your hand to pull the plug (wear gloves and don't get the bleach-water on your clothes).

Rinse your sink well.

By Melissa

Stainless Steel Sink Stain

Thanks everyone. The stain is gone! Bar Keepers Friend did the trick. It looks wonderful. I actually found this product in my house; I never thought to use it on the sink. Who knew?!
You did!

By dustbunny

Stainless Steel Sink Stain
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
Stainless Steel Sink
Removing Rust from a Stainless Steel Sink
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink