Stains on Clothing from Dye Transferring in the Wash

Mixed color fabrics were stained by bleeding from a checkered table cloth during its first wash. I caught this happening and immediately removed the table cloth. I rinsed the clothing that was affected. I used two scoops of Oxiclean. I was afraid of making it worse, so I stopped to do some internet research. What should I do?

By Naildoc47 from Sacramento,CA

Answers:

I have a very messy daughter who stains every top she wears. I have used the Oxi-clean versatile brand and mixed it in my sink, or for longer soaking I mixed it in a bucket. I used two scoops along with my regular detergent in hot water and soaked the clothes overnight. I then scrubbed with a toothbrush or laundry brush and rewashed. The stains come out every time.

I have used it on laundry such as yours where colors bled and had the same results. If you have a top load washer and can soak the whole load overnight and rewash, it should clean right up. It has never faded my clothes and has even gotten out old mud stains on clothes I bought at rummages. Oxi-Clean is the best for all kinds of stains. Good Luck (11/08/2009)

By renee5774

Picture of a red striped shirt in a washer.
Removing Dye Transfers from Clothing
Getting Dye Out of Clothing
Getting Dye Out of Clothing
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
Red Hair Dye
Removing Hair Dye Stains from a Bathtub
🎄